Spicy Korean Pork Skewers
Write a review
- 2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 inches fresh ginger root, skins removed and chopped (or substitute 2 teaspoons of ground ginger)
- 4 tablespoons filtered sake, or dry sherry (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a large bowl combine the chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, ginger, sake, sesame oil and brown sugar and whisk to form a marinade.
- Add the cubed pork to the marinade and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Heat an indoor grill pan or outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the marinated cubes of pork on skewers, about 4 to 5 pieces per skewer.
- Transfer the skewers to the grill and cook, uncovered, turning to brown evenly every 2 to 3 minutes until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Quick Tip: Make sure to leave plenty of room in between each skewer to avoid overcrowding the meat and assure even cooking.
- Garnish with sliced scallions if desired.
- Serve alongside a bed of white rice.
- Calories: 330 calories
- Protein: 47 grams
- Fat: 14 grams
- Sodium: 300 milligrams
- Cholesterol: 170 milligrams
- Saturated Fat: 4 grams
- Carbohydrates: 1 grams
- Fiber: 0 grams
Taste of the Tailgate https://tasteofthetailgate.com/wordpress/