Grilled Espresso Steaks
Need to impress guests for dinner? Use this steak recipe as your go-to. Grilled steaks, bacon, mushrooms, blue cheese and crispy shallots. You can't go wrong.
Write a review
- 4 beef Tri-Tip Steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 6 ounces each)
- Sliced green onions, lemon wedges, freshly grated lemon peel (optional)
- 2 tablespoons finely ground espresso coffee beans
- 1 tablespoon garlic pepper
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- Combine espresso rub ingredients in small bowl; press generously onto beef steaks. Discard any remaining seasoning mixture. Place steaks in glass dish. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 10 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, times remain the same) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steaks into slices. Season with salt, as desired. Garnish with green onions, lemon wedges and lemon peel, if desired.
- 4g SAT FAT
- 20 % DV **
- 34g PROTEIN
- 68 % DV
- 2.4 mg IRON
- 15 % DV
- 6.3 mg ZINC
- 40 % DV
- * Based on a 2,000 calorie diet ** Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet
- Nutrition information per serving: 252 Calories; 11g Total Fat; 4g Saturated Fat; 5g Monounsaturated Fat; 91mg Cholesterol; 403mg Sodium; 3g Total carbohydrate; 34g Protein; 2.4mg Iron; 10.5mg Niacin; 0.7mg Vitamin B6; 1.9mcg Vitamin B12; 6.3mg Zinc; 41mcg Selenium; 0.1g Fiber.
Taste of the Tailgate https://tasteofthetailgate.com/wordpress/