Pepper Beef Steaks with Chile-Cilantro Butter
Dijon-style mustard adds a tangy twist to this predominately Latin-flavored dish. Grilled steak topped with a chile-cilantro butter.
Write a review
- 4 beef Sirloin Tip Center Steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1/3 cup country Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground mixed peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 fresh mild green chile peppers such as Anaheim peppers
- Combine mustard, peppercorns and cumin in small bowl. Remove and reserve 1/2 for brushing. Spread remaining mustard mixture on both sides of beef Sirloin Tip Center Steaks. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Combine butter, cilantro and garlic in small bowl. Set aside.
- Place steaks and peppers on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 9 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill 8 to 11 minutes) until steaks are medium rare (145°F) doneness and peppers are blackened, turning occasionally and brushing steaks with reserved mustard mixture during the last 4 minutes. (Do not overcook.)
- Remove blackened peppers; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Remove skin, stems and seeds. Chop peppers and stir 1/2 into butter mixture. Top each steak with 1 teaspoon butter mixture. Sprinkle with remaining chopped peppers. Serve with remaining butter.
- 37g PROTEIN
- 74 % DV
- 5.5 mg IRON
- 30 % DV
- 9.2 mg ZINC
- 60 % DV
- * Based on a 2,000 calorie diet ** Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet
- Nutrition information per serving: 278 Calories; 1g Total Fat; 108mg Cholesterol; 581mg Sodium; 9g Total carbohydrate; 37g Protein; 5.5mg Iron; 5mg Niacin; 0.6mg Vitamin B6; 3.7mcg Vitamin B12; 9.2mg Zinc.
Taste of the Tailgate https://tasteofthetailgate.com/wordpress/