Southwest Marinated Beef Flank Steak with Grilled Peppers
Store-bought Italian dressing is spiced up with lime juice, honey, and cumin to create a flavorful marinade for Flank Steak and peppers!
Write a review
- 1 beef Flank Steak, cut 1 inch thick (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 3 red, yellow or green bell peppers, quartered
- 1/2 cup prepared Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef Flank Steak and 1/3 cup marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally. Refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Remove steak; discard marinade. Brush bell peppers with some of remaining marinade. Place steak and peppers on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill steak, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill peppers 12 to 15 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Brush steak and peppers occasionally with remaining marinade; do not brush during last 5 minutes.
- Carve steak across the grain into thin slices. Season with salt. Serve with peppers.
- 3g SAT FAT
- 15 % DV **
- 24g PROTEIN
- 48 % DV
- 1.8 mg IRON
- 10 % DV
- 4.5 mg ZINC
- 30 % DV
- * Based on a 2,000 calorie diet ** Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet
- Nutrition information per serving: 234 Calories; 11g Total Fat; 3g Saturated Fat; 4g Monounsaturated Fat; 66mg Cholesterol; 246mg Sodium; 9g Total carbohydrate; 24g Protein; 1.8mg Iron; 7.4mg Niacin; 0.7mg Vitamin B6; 94.6mg Choline; 1.4mcg Vitamin B12; 4.5mg Zinc; 27.6mcg Selenium; 1.2g Fiber.
Taste of the Tailgate https://tasteofthetailgate.com/wordpress/