Perfect Day Pork and Black Bean Nachos
Write a review
- 12 ounces ground pork
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt , to taste
- 8 cups unsalted tortilla chips
- 8 ounces Mexican blend four cheese, shredded
- 1 15 oz-can black beans, drained
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, minced, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup salsa, plus more for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- ￼￼Meanwhile, in a medium skillet over medium heat, cook pork, stirring and breaking it up into bite-sized pieces, until no longer pink, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat, add chili powder and salt to taste, then set aside.
- Arrange 1/4 of chips on a large ovenproof platter or a 2- to 3-quart baking dish, then use a slotted spoon to arrange 1/4 of the pork on top. Top with 1/4 of cheese, 1/4 of beans, and 1/4 of scallions. Repeat 3 times, making 4 layers. Bake until cheese is melted and nachos are heated through, about 30 minutes (if the top gets too brown, loosely cover with foil).
- While nachos are baking, in a small bowl, combine sour cream and chipotle. Add more chipotles to taste and set aside.
- Top nachos with the sour cream mixture and salsa. Serve hot, with additional salsa on the side.
- To make these nachos your own, try using different kinds of beans, cheese and onions, or adding ingredients like diced bell peppers, sliced jalapeno, or chopped cilantro. For even more kick, substitute Mexican-style pork chorizo for some or all of the ground pork.
Taste of the Tailgate https://tasteofthetailgate.com/wordpress/