Sweet Sesame Glazed Beef Kabobs
Write a review
- 1 pound beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 16 canned pineapple chunks, drained
- Salt and pepper
- Uncooked quick-cooking brown rice
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Cut beef steak into 1-1/4-inch pieces. Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Remove and reserve 1/4 cup in a microwave-safe measuring cup. Place beef and remaining marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Alternately thread beef, bell pepper, zucchini and pineapple evenly onto eight 10-inch metal skewers.
- Place the kabobs on a grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 9 to 11 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to microwave package directions.
- Place the reserved marinade in the microwave. Microwave on HIGH 30 to 60 seconds or until hot and just beginning to bubble; stir after heated.
- Serve the kabobs over the rice. Drizzle with the heated marinade.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- 352 calories
- 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat, 2 g monounsaturated fat)
- 49 mg cholesterol
- 294 mg sodium
- 40 g carbohydrate
- 3.4 g fiber
- 31 g protein
- 9.5 mg niacin
- 0.8 mg vitamin B6
- 1.5 mcg vitamin B12
- 2.8 mg iron
- 31.1 mcg selenium
- 5.3 mg zinc
Taste of the Tailgate https://tasteofthetailgate.com/wordpress/