Jalapeno/Blue Cheese Stuffed Pork Burger
Write a review
- 24 ounces ground pork
- 6 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapenos
- 6 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 thin slices purple onion
- 12 dill pickle slices
- 6 thin tomatoes slices
- 6 whole wheat buns
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Make 6- 4 ounce burger balls mixing in the salt and pepper and split in half, making two 2 ounce patties.
- Put 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno peppers on one of the split patties and 1 tablespoon of the blue cheese crumbles on the same patty.
- Spread and gently push the two ingredients into the patty.
- Place the other patty on top the patty with the blue cheese and the jalapenos and seal together. Making sure the inside ingredients are totally inside.
- Place on gas grill on medium high heat for 5 minutes on each side.
- Take off burgers and let them rest for 3 minutes.
- Place the buns on the grill to toast them.
- Place burger on bottom bun add 1 tablespoon of BBQ sauce(see recipe below), 1 tomato slice, 1 purple onion slice. and 2 pickle slices. Then top of grilled bun.
- Place 3/4 ketchup, 2 chopped cloves of garlic, 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire, 1 1/4 tablespoon cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon black pepper for the sauce in a small pot and bring to a bubble on the side burner.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes.
Taste of the Tailgate https://tasteofthetailgate.com/wordpress/