Teriyaki Steak Skewers
Write a review
- 1 pound beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 package (5.2 to 6.8 ounces) fried rice blend, prepared according to package directions (optional)
- Thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium or regular soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- Combine marinade ingredients in medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate 1/4 cup marinade. Cut beef steak crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips. Add beef to remaining marinade in bowl; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 15 minutes to 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Soak twelve 6-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain. Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Thread beef, weaving back and forth, onto each skewer.
- Place skewers on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 5 to 7 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 6 to 8 minutes), turning occasionally and brushing with reserved 1/4 cup marinade.
- Serve skewers with rice, if desired. Garnish with onions.
- This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of choline.
Taste of the Tailgate http://tasteofthetailgate.com/wordpress/