Cuban-style Pork Burgers
Write a review
- 8 ounces smoked spanish chorizo, links with casings removed
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs, dried
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 6 tablespoons thousand island dressing
- 2 cups shoestring potatoes, (potato sticks)
- 6 green lettuce leaves
- Finely chop chorizo in a food processor or with a large knife. Gently mix together ground pork, chopped chorizo, breadcrumbs, egg, onion, green pepper, garlic and salt.Shape into 6 patties about 3/4-inch thick.Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Prepare a grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat, about 450 degrees F.
- Grill burgers, with the lid closed, for 5 minutes.Turn and finish cooking for 4 to 5 minutes more, until cooked through or until the internal temperature reads 160 degrees F on a digital meat thermometer.Remove from grill.
- Toast buns on the grill, about 1 minute per side.Build burgers on buns with 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing, 1/3 cup shoestring potatoes and one lettuce leaf.Serve immediately.
- Try these burgers with a cool Caribbean-salad of marinated tomatoes and cucumbers with avocado chunks in lime vinaigrette.
- Calories: 510 calories
- Protein: 32 grams
- Fat: 27 grams
- Sodium: 1070 milligrams
- Cholesterol: 115 milligrams
- Saturated Fat: 8 grams
- Carbohydrates: 34 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
Taste of the Tailgate http://tasteofthetailgate.com/wordpress/