PORK AND CHORIZO BURGERS WITH PINEAPPLE AND SRIRACHA
Write a review
- 8 ounces smoked Spanish chorizo, links with the casings removed
- 1lb pound ground pork
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs, dried
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 fresh pineapple rings, cut about 1/2-inch thick
- 6 hamburger buns, preferably sweet Hawaiian style, split
- Fresh cilantro leaves, as garnish
Sriracha Aioli Ingredients
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, pressed through a garlic press
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha chili sauce
- Mix mayonnaise, garlic and Sriracha sauce together in small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Extra aioli can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Finely chop chorizo in a food processor or with a large knife.
- Gently mix together ground pork, chopped chorizo, breadcrumbs, egg, scallions, red pepper, garlic and salt.
- Shape into 6 patties about 3/4-inch thick.
- Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat, about 450 degrees F.
- Lightly oil grill grate.
- Grill burgers, with the lid closed, for 5 minutes.
- Turn burgers, and add pineapple to grill.Finish cooking burger until the internal temperature reads 160 degrees F. on a digital meat thermometer (about 4 to 5 minutes more), turning once or twice, until hot and seared on both sides.
- Grill pineapple rings until browned on each side.
- Remove from grill.
- Toast buns on grill, about 1 minute.
- Build burgers on buns with 1 1/2 tablespoons aïoli, 1 pineapple ring, and cilantro leaves to taste. Serve immediately.
- Add Asian-style slaw with shredded Napa cabbage and carrots, sliced scallions and teriyaki salad dressing for a unique flavor.
- Based on 96% lean ground pork
- Calories 520 calories
- Protein 32 grams
- Fat 23 grams
- Sodium 970 milligrams
- Cholesterol 110 milligrams
- Saturated Fat 7 grams
- Carbohydrates 48 grams
- Fiber 1 grams
Taste of the Tailgate https://tasteofthetailgate.com/wordpress/