Old South Burgers with Peach Compote
Write a review
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1 cup diced peaches, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 cup Budweiser beer
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 4 pre-baked biscuits, split
- To prepare peach compote, heat large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add peaches and onion; cook and stir until lightly browned about 5 minutes. Add beer, brown sugar and rosemary; bring to a boil. Cook until peaches and onion are soft and liquid is almost gone, 13 to 15 minutes; keep warm.
- Lightly shape ground beef into four 1/2-inch patties. Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.
- Evenly spread goat cheese on bottom half of each biscuit; top with burgers. Evenly spoon peach compote over burgers. Close sandwiches.
- Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- 475 calories
- 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat)
- 81 mg cholesterol
- 704 mg sodium
- 42 g carbohydrate
- 2.0 g fiber
- 30 g protein
- 5.4mg niacin
- 0.4 mg vitamin B6
- 2.2 mcg vitamin B12
- 4.3 mg iron
- 19.0 mcg selenium
- 5.7 mg zinc
- 79.3 mg choline
Taste of the Tailgate https://tasteofthetailgate.com/wordpress/