Grilled Top Sirloin Filets with Smoky Orange Sauce
Write a review
- 1 to 1-1/4 pounds beef Top Sirloin Center Filets, cut 1 inch thick, tied
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Smoky Orange Sauce
- 1 cup chopped orange segments
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons freshly grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine rub ingredients; press evenly onto beef steaks. Place Steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 12 to 17 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 12 to 16 minutes) for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare Smoky Orange Sauce. Combine sauce ingredients in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Carve steaks into slices. Serve with Smoky Orange Sauce.
- Cook's Tip: To cut orange segments, cut off both ends of orange with paring knife. Stand orange on 1 cut end and slice vertically (top to bottom) to remove peel and white pith in strips. Follow curve of orange with paring knife to remove as little flesh as possible. Cut each segment free by slicing down on both sides of surrounding membranes.
- This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron.
Taste of the Tailgate https://tasteofthetailgate.com/wordpress/