Beef and Kale Queso Fundido
Write a review
- 8 ounces cooked (leftover) beef Pot Roast, finely chopped, (about 1-1/2 cups) 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained 1/2 cup beer 2 cups shredded regular or reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend 1 tablespoon cornstarch 1 cup finely chopped kale leaves Serving Suggestions: Tortilla chips, celery sticks, carrot sticks, apple slices, pita wedges, toasted baguette slices
- Combine tomatoes and beer in medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Meanwhile, toss cheese with cornstarch until coated.
- Reduce heat to low; cook 3 to 6 minutes, adding cheese mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, and stirring constantly until cheese is melted. Do not boil.
- Stir in beef and kale; continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes or until beef is heated through, stirring frequently. Pour into serving dish. Serve immediately with serving suggestions, as desired.
- This recipe is an excellent source of protein and niacin; and a good source of vitamin B12, selenium and zinc.
Taste of the Tailgate https://tasteofthetailgate.com/wordpress/