BBQ Beef Biscuit Sliders
Write a review
1 hr 5 min
1 hr 5 min
- 1 beef Tri-Tip Roast (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup hickory-flavored barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeded and minced
- 18 baked low-fat buttermilk biscuits (about 2 to 2-1/2-inch diameter), split
- 3/4 cup crushed corn tortilla chips or homemade tortilla strips
- 1-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 red pepper, seeds and stem removed, cut into small dice
- 1/2 cup green onions, cut in thin,1-inch strips
- 1/3 cup coleslaw dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Combine barbecue sauce and chipotle peppers; reserve 3/4 cup sauce mixture. Brush some of remaining sauce mixture onto all sides of roast.
- Place roast on grid over medium, ash-covered coals or over medium heat on preheated gas grill. Grill; covered 25 to 35 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, basting roast with remaining sauce while grilling and turning occasionally.
- To prepare Slaw, combine coleslaw mix, bell pepper, green onions, dressing and cilantro in medium bowl; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove roast when instant-read thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Carve roast across the grain into thin slices. Toss with reserved 3/4 cup sauce mixture.
- Evenly divide beef slices, coleslaw and tortillas among biscuits. Close sandwiches.
Nutrition information per serving (1/18 of recipe)
- 171 calories;
- 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat; 2 g monounsaturated fat);
- 21 mg cholesterol;
- 507 mg sodium;
- 20 g carbohydrate;
- 1.2 g fiber;
- 10 g protein;
- 3.1 mg niacin;
- 0.2 mg vitamin B6;
- 0.4 mcg vitamin B12;
- 1.3 mg iron;
- 13.7 mcg selenium;
- 1.6 mg zinc.
- This recipe is an excellent source of protein and selenium; and a good source of niacin, vitamin B6 and zinc.
Taste of the Tailgate https://tasteofthetailgate.com/wordpress/