Spicy Cheeseburger Sliders
Write a review
- 1 pound Ground Beef (96% lean)
- 9 small whole wheat hamburger buns, split, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder
- 2 slices pepper Jack cheese, cut in quarters
- Barbecue sauce, lettuce, tomato slices, pickles (optional)
- Tear one hamburger bun into pieces. Place in food processor or blender container. Cover; pulse on and off, to form fine crumbs.
- Combine bread crumbs, beef, garlic and chili powder in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into eight 1/2-inch thick mini patties.
- Place patties on grill over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 9 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 9 to 10 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. Evenly top with cheese during last minute of grilling.
- Place burgers on bottoms of remaining eight buns. Top with desired Toppings. Close sandwiches.
- Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
- Cook's Tip: One-half teaspoon chili powder may be substituted for chipotle chili powder.
- This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber, vitamin B6, vitamin B12 and iron.
Taste of the Tailgate http://tasteofthetailgate.com/wordpress/