Balsamic Marinated Flank Steak
Write a review
- 1 beef Flank Steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- Salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Season steak with salt and pepper, as desired. Carve steak crosswise into thin slices.
Nutrition information per serving
- 183 calories;
- 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat);
- 42 mg cholesterol;
- 66 mg sodium;
- 1 g carbohydrate;
- 0 g fiber;
- 24 g protein;
- 6.8 mg niacin;
- 0.5 mg vitaminB6;
- 1.4 mcg
- vitamin B12;
- 1.5 mg iron;
- 27.2 mcg selenium;
- 4.3 mg zinc.
- This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc.
Taste of the Tailgate http://tasteofthetailgate.com/wordpress/