Tailgate Pork Sandwich
Write a review
- 2 1 pound pork tenderloins
- 8 kaiser rolls, sliced in half
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 cups looseleaf lettuce, chopped
- 1 Vidalia onion, OR any sweet onion, thinly sliced
Chef Tom's Marinade
- 4 cups orange juice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped 1/2 cup Dijon-style mustard 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon horseradish
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- Place pork tenderloins in two heavy-duty, resealable bags. Pour half of Chef Tom’s Marinade in each bag and seal; marinade in refrigerator for 8 to 24 hours.
- Prepare medium-hot grill. Remove pork from marinade; discard marinade. Grill pork for 20 minutes, or until internal temperature is 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time. Toast rolls on the grill. Spread Orange Aioli on toasted side of rolls. Slice tenderloins for sandwiches. Layer pork onto bottom of rolls; add tomatoes, lettuce and onions.
Chef Tom’s Marinade
- Whisk all ingredients together until well blended.
- Stir all ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Liven up your next tailgate party with these marinated pork sandwiches. Be sure to have plenty of chips and your favorite side dishes. Recipe by Chef Tom Kenny of Mike Ditka’s Chicago Restuarant.
- Calories: 241 calories
- Protein: 28 grams
- Fat: 12 grams
- Sodium: 670 milligrams
- Cholesterol: 65 milligrams
- Saturated Fat: 3 grams
- Carbohydrates: 32 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
Taste of the Tailgate http://tasteofthetailgate.com/wordpress/