Grilled T-Bone Steaks with BBQ Rub
Write a review
- 2 to 4 beef T-Bone or Porterhouse Steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 2 to 4 pounds) Salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Combine BBQ Rub ingredients; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 15 to 19 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove bones and carve steaks into slices, if desired. Season with salt, as desired.
- Test Kitchen Tips
- To broil, place steaks on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 15 to 20 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once.
- Nutrition information per serving: 275 calories; 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 5 g monounsaturated fat); 61 mg cholesterol; 189 mg sodium; 11 g carbohydrate; 1.3 g fiber; 3 g protein; 5.5 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 2.4 mcg vitamin B12; 5.2 mg iron; 10.8 mcg selenium; 5.5 mg zinc.
- This recipe is an excellent source of niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron and zinc; and a good source of selenium.
Taste of the Tailgate http://tasteofthetailgate.com/wordpress/