Citrus-Marinated Beef & Fruit Kabobs
Write a review
- 1 pound beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 1 inch thick 1 medium orange
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 4 cups cubed mango, watermelon, peaches and/or plums Salt
- Grate peel and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice from orange; reserve juice. Combine orange peel, cilantro, paprika, and ground red pepper, if desired, in small bowl. Cut beef Steak into 1-1/4-inch pieces. Place beef and 2-1/2 tablespoons cilantro mixture in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Place remaining cilantro mixture and fruit in separate food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bags securely.Marinate beef and fruit in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours.
- Soak eight 9-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain. Thread beef evenly onto four skewers leaving small space between pieces. Thread fruit onto remaining four separate skewers.
- Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill beef kabobs, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 9 to 11 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill fruit kabobs 5 to 7 minutes or until softened and beginning to brown, turning once.
- Season beef with salt, as desired. Drizzle reserved orange juice over fruit kabobs.
Nutrition information per serving
- 239 calories;
- 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 2 g monounsaturated fat);
- 70 mg cholesterol;
- 57 mg sodium;
- 20 g carbohydrate;
- 2.4 g fiber;
- 27 g protein;
- 11.3 mg niacin;
- 0.7 mg vitamin B6;
- 1.5 mcg vitamin B12;
- 2.1 mg iron;
- 31.0 mcg selenium;
- 5.0 mg zinc;
- 107.1 mg choline.
- This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium, zinc and choline; and a good source of iron.
Taste of the Tailgate http://tasteofthetailgate.com/wordpress/