Caribbean Ribeye Steaks with Grilled Pineapple Salad
Write a review
- 2 beef Ribeye Steaks Boneless, cut 1 inch thick (about 12 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 fresh pineapple slices, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 medium lime
- Combine 2 tablespoons cilantro, cumin and ground red pepper, as desired; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange pineapple slices and bell pepper halves around steaks. Grill steaks, covered, 10 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 9 to 14 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill pineapple 8 minutes or until heated through, turning once. Grill bell pepper 6 to 8 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, grate 2 teaspoons peel and squeeze juice from lime. Set aside.
- Chop pineapple and bell pepper into 1-inch pieces. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro, 2 teaspoons lime peel and lime juice in medium bowl; stir in pineapple and bell pepper. Season with salt, as desired. Carve steaks into slices; season with salt, as desired. Serve with salad.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- 231 calories
- 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat)
- 89 mg cholesterol
- 63 mg sodium
- 11 g carbohydrate
- 2 g fiber
- 29 g protein
- 12.1 mg niacin
- 0.8 mg vitamin B6
- 1.6 mcg vitamin B12
- 2.5 mg iron
- 34 mcg selenium
- 5.4 mg zinc
- 5.4 mg choline
Taste of the Tailgate http://tasteofthetailgate.com/wordpress/